High-alpine holidays are surrounded by 18 four-thousand-metre peaks and a breathtaking glacier landscape. Discover plenty of winter activities on and off the slopes. Keep on exploring
Skiing in the Saas Valley
Treat yourself to a high alpine break in the Valais Alps of Switzerland. Surrounded by eighteen four-thousand-metre peaks, a unique mountain and glacier landscape full of adventure possibilities awaits you here. Whether testing your limits or looking for relaxation and enjoyment – you have come to the right place.
We have perfectly groomed ski slopes from 3,600 m above sea level to the village. We have just been named the most snow-sure ski area in the Alps. Due to its high alpine and southern location, the Saas Valley benefits from above-average weather and a lot of sun. On average, we can enjoy more than 300 sunny days per year. Make sure to pack sunglasses and sunscreen!
Arrival – Where is Saas-Fee/Saastal (Transport)
Facts about the destination
- Season: End of October until the end of April
- 150 km of slopes: 20% black, 50% red and 30% blue
- 26 km of cross-country ski trails
- 36 cable cars and lifts
- 16 mountain restaurants on the slopes
- 7 snow parks
- 54 km snowshoe hiking
- 60 km winter hiking
Adventure off the slopes
The Saas-Fee/Saastal holiday region offers numerous activities to experience off the slopes. For example, alpine canyoning in a beautiful gorge, sledging day and night, snowshoeing and winter hiking with a unique panorama, ski tours or even winter climbing via ferrata.
Dragon Kian’s Adventure Land with snow tubing, children’s Skidoo, slalom, and fun park makes children’s hearts beat faster. Families can also discover a winter treasure hunt or the famous Ice Cave Allalin at 3,500 m above sea level.
All PostBus journeys in the Saas Valley from your first overnight stay are included with the SaastalCard. You also benefit from up to 30% reductions on a total of 30 offers.
- Experience Shop: Book numerous experiences such as snowshoe tours, fondue gondola, night sledding, snow groomer co-pilot and much more directly online. https://www.saas-fee.ch/en/book-experiences-1#/experiences
- Après-ski & Nightlife: After a fun day on the slopes, the destination’s famous après-ski is almost a must. https://www.saas-fee.ch/en/culinary/apres-ski-in-the-saas-valley
- Culinary: The culinary offerings of the numerous restaurants during the holiday are vast and diverse. https://www.saas-fee.ch/en/kulinarik/restaurants#/pois
- Top Events: Don’t miss great events like the Ice Climbing World Championships, Carnival or Moon Light Fight. https://www.saas-fee.ch/en/events/top-events-in-winter
While the ski slopes on Hohsaas are slowly emptying, it is time to climb the Lagginjoch. A mountain guide accompanies the energetic snowshoe hikers on easy terrain over the Hohlaub glacier 500 metres up to the Lagginjoch. With the last rays of sunshine, you can enjoy an impressive view of the surrounding four-thousand-metre peaks and a deep view of the Laggintal valley. In the splendid evening atmosphere, you walk back to Hohsaas, where you reach the cable car again shortly before nightfall. At the end of the evening, we enjoy a tasty cheese fondue.
Excursion on the glacier
This breathtaking tour over the Fee Glacier leaves no one cold. From the Längfluh Mountain Station, the trail over untouched powder leads up to the panorama platform. Fitted with snowshoes, ski poles and a climbing harness, you will pass giant icicles and glacier crevices while roped to a mountain guide and then make your way down to the Spielboden Station.